GRADE 11 UNIVERSITY MATH
The goal of this unit is to deepen students' understanding of the quadratic function and use their knowledge of the quadratic function to solve problems from real world applications.
By the end of this unit, I will be able to:
- Convert a quadratic function from standard form into vertex form using the "completing the square" technique
- Determine the maximum/minimum value of a quadratic function
- Determine the vertex, direction of opening and the equation of the axis of symmetry of a quadratic function
- Determine the zeros (x-intercepts) of a quadratic function by factoring or by using the quadratic formula
- Solve a linear-quadratic system (ie. find the point(s) of intersection between a line and a parabola)