GRADE 12 UNIVERSITY FUNCTIONS
Polynomial Functions, Equations and Inequalities
The goal of this unit is to identify and describe some key features of polynomial functions, and make connections between the numeric, graphical and algebraic representations of polynomial functions.
By the end of this unit, I will be able to:
- Recognize, using criteria, a polynomial function from a graph or from an equation.
- Sketch the graph of a polynomial function (from expanded form or from factored form)
- State the end behaviours of a polynomial function using the dominant term and lead coefficient.
- Solve polynomial equations algebraically
- Solve polynomial inequalities.
- Use finite differences to be able to determine the equation of a higher degree polynomial function.